- Silicon-on-sapphire sensor technology
- Pressure ranges 0-400 bar to 0-5,000 bar (0-6,000 psi to 0-72,500 psi)
- 0-100mVdc, 0-5Vdc, 0-10Vdc or 4-20mA output
- Excellent accuracy
- High operating temperature
- All titanium alloy wetted parts
- Industry standard high pressure fitting
- *Intrinsically safe option. Flammable gases (zone 0)
and dusts (zone 20)
HP1000 series extends the Silicon-on-Sapphire pressure sensor technology into very high-pressure applications, with operating ranges up to 5,000 bar (72,500 psi) and still maintaining an extremely high performance level.
The unique Silicon-on-Sapphire sensor technology provides outstanding performance and gives excellent stability over a wide temperature range. The advanced sensor design consists of a piezoresistive silicon strain gauge circuit, which is epitaxially grown onto the surface of a sapphire diaphragm to form a single crystalline structure. The sapphire sensor element is then molecularly bonded to a Titanium alloy sub-diaphragm. This enables the sensor to endure higher over-pressures and provides superb corrosion resistance. The completed sensor exhibits virtually no hysteresis and excellent long-term stability. With outstanding insulation properties, the sapphire substrate protects the strain gauge circuit from electromagnetic pulse radiation and allows the sensor to operate over a very wide temperature range without loss of performance.
Aerospace, laboratory and test, oil and gas monitoring equipment and general industrial.